We use Subject pronouns:
- As the subject of the verb;
- To replace the noun phrase subject and avoid repetitions.
Subject of the verb
- I am fast.
- You are pretty.
- He is short.
- She is beautiful.
- It is big.
- We are young.
- You are athletic.
- They are fat.
To replace the noun phrase subject and avoid repetitions
- Andy, take off that hat, you look funny.
- John is tall and he is also thin.
- Maria is from Spain, she is Spanish.
- I like the colour red, it is passionate.
- Julia and I come from France, we are French.
You and Peter are always talking, you are really talkative.
- John and Maria are fat, they eat a lot.
*Not applicable to the first person singular.