A percentage is a number expressed as a fraction of 100 in mathematics
To express percentages, the sign used is %, although it can be written in a text as per cent.
- 10% = 10 per cent = 10/100;
- 30% = 30 per cent = 30/100; etc.
- “Fifty per cent of Europeans…”
Percentages are used:
- in formulaic expressions in subjects related to mathematics or physics;
- to talk about the fractions that are part of a hundred (30/100);
- at the start of a sentence in the extended form (per cent) to represent a number took from statistics.
External link to Percentage exercises (1191).
Open TextBooks are collaborative projects, with people from all over the world bringing their skills and interests to join in the compilation and dissemination of knowledge to everyone and everywhere.
Become an Ambassador and write your textbooks.
Become a Books4Languages Online tutor & teacher.
More information here about how to be a tutor.