- Giving examples
- I like vegetables: tomatoes, potatoes and carrots.
- She hates animals: dogs, cats and rabbits.
- I have three things: a pen, a pineapple and an apple.
- 6 : 2 = 3
- 24 : 6 = 4
- Website addresses
We use the colon:
- to give examples, followed by a sequence of words;
- to express the mathematical operation of division;
- in website addresses, normally after ‘https’.
External link to Colon exercises (1202).
Open TextBooks are collaborative projects, with people from all over the world bringing their skills and interests to join in the compilation and dissemination of knowledge to everyone and everywhere.
Become an Ambassador and write your textbooks.
Become a Books4Languages Online tutor & teacher.
More information here about how to be a tutor.