Acronyms are single words formed by the initial letters of a group of words.
See Acronyms in A1
- EU = European Union;
- USA = United States of America;
- UK = United Kingdom.
- Everyday life
- HIV – Human Immunodeficiency Virus
- UFO – Unidentified Flying Object
- ABS – Anti-lock Braking System
Acronyms here represent
- places whose proper name is constituted of more than one word;
- objects or ideas that can be used in any daily conversation.
These acronyms are valid in formal writing since they only represent something that has been legally recognised in this form.
External link to Acronyms exercises (1197).
Open TextBooks are collaborative projects, with people from all over the world bringing their skills and interests to join in the compilation and dissemination of knowledge to everyone and everywhere.
Become an Ambassador and write your textbooks.
Become a Books4Languages Online tutor & teacher.
More information here about how to be a tutor.