The number zero means that there is no person or thing.
- The temperature is five degrees below zero
- I’m in room five – oh – two (502)
- My phone number is six – oh – one – five – oh – two – one – one – oh (60150211)
- The result of the maths problem is nought point eighty-five (0.85)
- Poland won against Brazil five – nil (5-0)
- Serena Williams won fifteen – love (15-0)
- Zero: to refer to the number itself or telling the temperature
- Oh: when spelling telephone numbers, hotel room numbers, bus numbers, years, blood types
- Nought: before the decimal point
- Nil: in football and other sports
- Love: in tennis
External link to The number zero exercises (1214).