The number zero
The number zero means that there is no person or thing.
- The temperature is five degrees below zero
- I’m in room five – oh – two (502)
- My phone number is six – oh – one – five – oh – two – one – one – oh (60150211)
- The result of the maths problem is nought point eighty-five (0.85)
- Poland won against Brazil five – nil (5-0)
- Serena Williams won fifteen – love (15-0)
- Zero: to refer to the number itself or telling the temperature
- Oh: when spelling telephone numbers, hotel room numbers, bus numbers, years, blood types
- Nought: before the decimal point
- Nil: in football and other sports
- Love: in tennis
External link to The number zero exercises (1214).
Open TextBooks are collaborative projects, with people from all over the world bringing their skills and interests to join in the compilation and dissemination of knowledge to everyone and everywhere.
Become an Ambassador and write your textbooks.
Become a Books4Languages Online tutor & teacher.
More information here about how to be a tutor.