Festivals, Ceremonies and Celebrations: Ceremonies and funeral rites
The concept of mourning
- There are several ways that religious people deal with death and the funeral rites they carry out.
- Traditionally colour black is a symbol of sadness and grief. Because of that, people attending funerals are dressed in black.
- People send or bring flowers to a funeral. They are a representation of love, sympathy, respect, offering support and sharing the burden of grief.
- Relatives may view the body at the funeral home.
- It is common for the mourners to gather for refreshments after the funeral.
Open TextBooks are collaborative projects, with people from all over the world bringing their skills and interests to join in the compilation and dissemination of knowledge to everyone and everywhere.
Become an Ambassador and write your textbooks.
Become a Books4Languages Online tutor & teacher.
More information here about how to be a tutor.