- There are several ways that religious people deal with death and the funeral rites they carry out.
- Traditionally colour black is a symbol of sadness and grief. Because of that, people attending funerals are dressed in black.
- People send or bring flowers to a funeral. They are a representation of love, sympathy, respect, offering support and sharing the burden of grief.
- Relatives may view the body at the funeral home.
- It is common for the mourners to gather for refreshments after the funeral.