Leisure activities, habits and hobbies: Habits and hobbies
Concept of free time
- The way people spend free time depends mostly on their own choice.
- People enjoy many indoor and outdoor activities in Britain. They spend their free time on watching television, socializing, exercising, playing sports, doing hobbies and other activities.
- On Saturdays, it is common to see families shopping together.
- Sunday traditionally is the day for worship and rest. During it, the majority of the shops is closed and many people are at home. More religious people go to church.
- A very popular way of spending free time is also going to Pub with friends.
The most frequently carried out activities during free time
- British people carry out some popular activities during their free time. These are listening to the radio or music, watching television; reading, doing DIY, gardening, eating out and going to the cinema or theatre.
- The most common leisure activity in the UK is still watching television.
- Doing a sport and attending sports matches are also popular.
- Local governments provide cheap sport and leisure facilities such as swimming pools, tennis courts and parks. People generally go to watch sports matches or they take part in sports themselves.
- Moreover, there are some outdoor activities such as going on excursions, canoeing, kayaking and hiking.
Open TextBooks are collaborative projects, with people from all over the world bringing their skills and interests to join in the compilation and dissemination of knowledge to everyone and everywhere.
Become an Ambassador and write your textbooks.
Become a Books4Languages Online tutor & teacher.
More information here about how to be a tutor.