Expressing a lack of certainty and evidence
- I think that…
- I am not sure.
- It’s possible
Asking about the ability to do something
- Do you know how…+ noun phrase/infinitive?
- NP +can + VP inf?
Expressing the ability to do something
- I know how + noun phrase / infinitive
- NP+ can + VP inf.
- NP+ can‘t + VP inf.
Asking about preferences
- Noun phrase or noun phrase?
- I prefer…
- I (‘d) like + NP better/best
Expressing indifference or a lack of preference
- It is not important
Asking about desires
- You would like (to do) something?
- (to have something) NP ?
- (to do something) You, he, she, they would like to + VPinf .?
- I want + noun phrase
- I want + infinitive
- (something) I’d like + NP, please
- (to do something) I’d like to + VPinf., please
- (asking for something) Can I have + NP, please?
The exercises are not created yet. If you would like to get involve with their creation, be a contributor.