Expressing a lack of certainty and evidence
- I think that…
- I am not sure.
- It’s possible
Asking about the ability to do something
- Do you know how…+ noun phrase/infinitive?
- NP +can + VP inf?
Expressing the ability to do something
- I know how + noun phrase / infinitive
- NP+ can + VP inf.
- NP+ can‘t + VP inf.
Asking about preferences
- Noun phrase or noun phrase?
- I prefer…
- I (‘d) like + NP better/best
Expressing indifference or a lack of preference
- It is not important
Asking about desires
- You would like (to do) something?
- (to have something) NP ?
- (to do something) You, he, she, they would like to + VPinf .?
- I want + noun phrase
- I want + infinitive
- (something) I’d like + NP, please
- (to do something) I’d like to + VPinf., please
- (asking for something) Can I have + NP, please?
The exercises are not created yet. If you would like to get involve with their creation, be a contributor.
Open TextBooks are collaborative projects, with people from all over the world bringing their skills and interests to join in the compilation and dissemination of knowledge to everyone and everywhere.
Become an Ambassador and write your textbooks.
Become a Books4Languages Online tutor & teacher.
More information here about how to be a tutor.