Giving information: correcting other previous information, in response to an affirmative statement
- No + previous, refusal statement
- No + new statement
Giving information:correcting other previous information, in response to a negative statement
- Yes + previous, refusal statement
Asking about the knowledge of something
- Do you know + noun phrase/infinitive?
- You know (+ noun phrase/declarative sentence )?
- I know…
- I know + noun phrase/declarative sentence
- I don’t know + noun phrase / infinitive
Responding to an order, request or plea: agreeing to one’s compliance
- Yes, yes
Responding to an order, request or plea: refusing one’s compliance
- No (+shake of the head)
Asking for permission
- Can I, he, she, we, they (+ VPinf .)?
- You, he, she, they can (+ VPinf. )
Giving permission: Without objections
- No + alleviator
- (I’m) sorry
You, he, she, they, can’t (+ VP inf .)
The exercises are not created yet. If you would like to get involve with their creation, be a contributor.