Giving information: correcting other previous information, in response to an affirmative statement
- No + previous, refusal statement
- No + new statement
Giving information:correcting other previous information, in response to a negative statement
- Yes + previous, refusal statement
Asking about the knowledge of something
- Do you know + noun phrase/infinitive?
- You know (+ noun phrase/declarative sentence )?
- I know…
- I know + noun phrase/declarative sentence
- I don’t know + noun phrase / infinitive
Responding to an order, request or plea: agreeing to one’s compliance
- Yes, yes
Responding to an order, request or plea: refusing one’s compliance
- No (+shake of the head)
Asking for permission
- Can I, he, she, we, they (+ VPinf .)?
- You, he, she, they can (+ VPinf. )
Giving permission: Without objections
- No + alleviator
- (I’m) sorry
You, he, she, they, can’t (+ VP inf .)
The exercises are not created yet. If you would like to get involve with their creation, be a contributor.
Open TextBooks are collaborative projects, with people from all over the world bringing their skills and interests to join in the compilation and dissemination of knowledge to everyone and everywhere.
Become an Ambassador and write your textbooks.
Become a Books4Languages Online tutor & teacher.
More information here about how to be a tutor.