Two categories of adverbs are adverbs of place and adverbs of time.
These advers have no fixed position in the sentence so that they can come before or after the verb.
Adverbs of place
One of the subtypes of adverbs of place are prepositional adverbs, which are combined with the preposition de as follows:
Adverb + de + pronoun/noun
Some examples of these adverbs are: dentro, fuera, abajo, arriba, delante, detrás, lejos, cerca…
Adverbs of time
Adverbs of time are of different types:
- of sequence, order or succession: primero, luego, después, finalmente…;
- prepositive: they are combined with the preposition de: antes, después…;
- temporal complements indicating temporal relationships: la semana pasada, ayer…;
- negative: nunca.
It can appear in two positions in a sentence:
- when it is placed after the verb, this verb must be negated (No lo he visto nunca.);
- when it is placed in front of the verb, the verb is not denied (Nunca veo la tele.).