Main Elements which are placed on the Dinner Table for Different Meals
- While having dinner, people generally use glasses, cups, plates, forks and tableware. However, it can be changed according to the style of dinner. For example, for a big special dinner, they can use wine glasses, cutlery, plates, napkins and tablecloth.
Phrases and forms used at the dinner table and the moment at which they are said
- There are no traditional phrases used when beginning a meal but there are some phrases which can be told during the meal, or by servers, as they bring you your food such as “Enjoy your meal!” or “Bon Appetite!”
- When taking a drink people clink glasses together and say “Cheers!”
Celebrations and parties in which people from the United Kingdom traditionally meet up for a meal at the dinner table
- People in the UK can gather together at special events such as birthdays, weddings, christenings, company dinners, celebrating the end of a school/university year with friends, meal on New Years Day, Christmas dinner.
- They tend to have a big meal during these celebrations alongside with alcohol drinks.
The exercises are not created yet. If you would like to get involve with their creation, be a contributor.