Behaviour Related to the Planning and Development of Travels
- Two-thirds of all British people have their holidays in July and August, which are the most popular months for holidays. They are most popular because school children are on holiday from the end of July to the beginning of September in England, Wales and Scotland.
- They usually prefer going on holiday by plane (43 million), sea (9.7 million) or by the Channel Tunnel (5.6 million).
- It is common to book rooms and plan travel in the advance since prices are lower before the tourist seasons.
National and international tourist destinations which people from the United Kingdom go to the most
- London is one of the world’s leading tourism destinations, and the city is home to an array of famous tourist attractions on a national and international scale.
- Edinburgh is the second most visited city in the United Kingdom.
- Most of the domestic travels are made to England with most visited regions being South West and Sout East.
- Scotland is the second most visited country in domestic tourism.
- The most visited country by people from the United Kingdom is Spain. Other popular destinations are France, Italy, USA, Irish Republic, Greece, Germany, the Netherlands, Portugal and Belgium.
External link to Travel, accommodation and transport: Travel exercises (530).
Open TextBooks are collaborative projects, with people from all over the world bringing their skills and interests to join in the compilation and dissemination of knowledge to everyone and everywhere.
Become an Ambassador and write your textbooks.
Become a Books4Languages Online tutor & teacher.
More information here about how to be a tutor.