Internationally Renowned Photographers and Photographs
- Don McCullin is a British photojournalist coming from London. He is famous for his war photography.
- Lord Snowdon is a world-renowned photographer and documentarian. He was married to Princess Margaret who was one of the sisters of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Patrick Anson is a British photographer and the 5th Earl of Lichfield. He gained success in personal royal portraits and created the well-known Unipart calendar. He also worked for Vogue and Life magazines.
- Nick Knight is one of the most influential fashion photographers. His provocative portraits have been challenging typical fashion photography.
- Pattie Boyd is a British model, writer and photographer. She used photographs to show the other side of her celebrity life, changing the view of celebrities life.
- David Hockney is the most important British artist of the 20th century according to a vote from 2011. His first works were paintings of swimming pools, later he moved to photography and created photo collages.
- Abbey Road Album Cover is a cover of Beatles album and one of the most recognizable photos in the world. It was shot by Iain MacMillan on an Abbey Road in north-west London. It presents the Beatles crossing the street on the zebra crossing.
- Photo of A Turkish woman mourning over her dead husband is a photo taken by Don McCullina during the Cyprus Civil War between Greek Cypriotes and Turkish Cypriotes. It won the World Press Photo award in 1964.
- Photo of a starving boy’s hand resting on the monk’s hand by Mike Wells documents famine in Karamoja, Uganda, which killed around 20% of the population. It shows a tiny and thin hand of the starving boy which contrasts with Catholic monk’s big hand. It won World Press Photo award in 1981.
- Tim Hetherington’s photo of exhausted American Soldier leaning against a wall and covering his eyes during the Afganistan war won the World Press Photo award in 2008.
External link to Visual arts: Photography exercises (522).
Open TextBooks are collaborative projects, with people from all over the world bringing their skills and interests to join in the compilation and dissemination of knowledge to everyone and everywhere.
Become an Ambassador and write your textbooks.
Become a Books4Languages Online tutor & teacher.
More information here about how to be a tutor.