Geographical Features which are well-known Internationally
- White Cliffs of Dover (England) are part of the North Downs formation. They reach to the height of 110 m. They are famous for their white colour which comes from chalk that they are formed from.
- Ben Nevis (Scotland) is the highest peak of the United Kingdom and the British Isles. It is located on the Scottish Highlands. It stands at 1,346 metres above sea level.
- Loch Ness (Scotland) is a lake located in the Scottish Highlands. It is famous because of the legend that in its water lives monster called Nessie. It is also the second in terms of size lake in Scotland.
- Snowdonia (Wales) is a mountain region in north Wales with a Snowdonia National Park which was a first national park in Wales. Most popular among tourists is its northern part since it includes the highest mountains in Wales.
- Slieve Donard (Northern Ireland) is the highest mountain in Northern Ireland with a height about 850 m. It is located in County Down.
External link to Physical geography: Geographically distinctive features exercises (524).