Uses of the Internet. The most used services by Internet users in the United Kingdom
- Social media:
- The most used social media is YouTube, in 2018 around 80% of Internet users visited it.
- Second most used social media is Facebook, with 78% of Internet users visiting it in 2018, and 60% Internet users reporting usage of Facebook Messenger.
- The popular social media platform is also WhatsApp with 58% of Internet users using it.
- Search engines:
- The most popular engine is Google.
- The second most used search engine is Bing.
- BT emails.
Favourite places to access the Internet
- Most people access the Internet from their homes. Connection to it is provided by various companies. Most popular ones are BT, Sky Broadband and Virgin Media.
- Many companies provide Internet connections also at work but they are usually used for work purposes.
- They are not that popular anymore, but you can still find some Internet cafe that allows you to use computers with an Internet connection.
- Libraries often also offer computers with an Internet connection. They are free to use after making a library card.
- Places like restaurants, shopping centres, airports can provide with free WiFi connection.
External link to Means of communication: The Internet exercises (538).