Social conventions and rules of courtesy related to the behaviour between hierarchal superiors and subordinates
- Workmates usually call each other by their last name. However, that can change according to the relationship among the workmates. They speak more formal when they are having a conversation with their hierarchal superiors.
- Use Mr, Mrs., or Ms. when talking to your superior.
- People should be respectful towards others – even if you don’t like a particular person.
- Making eye contact is the most obvious way to demonstrate that you are listening to somebody.
- Remember your rights, your superior should treat you like another human being, not a machine.