In the professional sphere: Relations with hierarchical superiors
Social conventions and rules of courtesy related to the behaviour between hierarchal superiors and subordinates
- Workmates usually call each other by their last name. However, that can change according to the relationship among the workmates. They speak more formal when they are having a conversation with their hierarchal superiors.
- Use Mr, Mrs., or Ms. when talking to your superior.
- People should be respectful towards others – even if you don’t like a particular person.
- Making eye contact is the most obvious way to demonstrate that you are listening to somebody.
- Remember your rights, your superior should treat you like another human being, not a machine.
Open TextBooks are collaborative projects, with people from all over the world bringing their skills and interests to join in the compilation and dissemination of knowledge to everyone and everywhere.
Become an Ambassador and write your textbooks.
Become a Books4Languages Online tutor & teacher.
More information here about how to be a tutor.