Types of accommodation according to its category and type of services
- Hostels also known as Youth Hostels, are accommodations for the people on a low budget. Guests can rent a bed, usually a bunk bed, in a dormitory and share a bathroom, lounge, and sometimes a kitchen. Rooms can be mixed or single-sex, although private rooms may also be available for a higher price. Usually, breakfast is also served.
- A hotel is an establishment that provides lodging paid on a short-term basis. Facilities provided by the hotel may range from a basic bed and storage for clothing, to luxury features like en-suite bathrooms.
- Self-catering are places that provide a cooking place in addition to sleeping place. Most of them are rented by the week. They can come as flats, houses, cottages or apartments.
- B&Bs and Guesthouses offer rooms in a private home, often with a cooked breakfast included in the price.
- Hotels facilities may vary between different hotels.
- Facilities that can be found in hotels range from basic ones like the reception to restaurants, cafés, swimming pools, spas and even hairdressers.
- Hotels often offer conference rooms for business meetings or ballrooms that can be rented.
Services Offered by Hotels
- Hotels usually offer room service, a wake-up call, a minibar and a television in the room.
- Services can change depending on hotel status. A 5-star hotel will offer more services than hotels with lower numbers of stars.
Open TextBooks are collaborative projects, with people from all over the world bringing their skills and interests to join in the compilation and dissemination of knowledge to everyone and everywhere.
Become an Ambassador and write your textbooks.
Become a Books4Languages Online tutor & teacher.
More information here about how to be a tutor.